ThinApp 4.5 has just been released in the last couple of days, and many of my fellow bloggers have been picking over the new goodies. Unfortunately most articles I have read just highlighted the “What’s New” section of the Release Notes.
However if you wander over to the What’s new? article on [...]
Long time no blog…
My apologies to anyone who has emailed me lately. I promise to catchup with them soon. Things have been a bit buzy.
I unfortunately haven’t made it to VMworld this year, but have been following the news as much as I can. One great piece of news that I just read [...]
Long time no blog. Sorry, been kinda busy lately, but I want to link to a post with some nice Linux related reference cards.
And here is a site where the author has created several nice bash, perl and vim sheets, which all you Service Console [...]
Here’s an old trick which works great on ESX servers (thanks to this article on Linux Journal for reminding me). It turns your prompt different colours to highlight when you are logged in as root.
To make the prompt red when you’re running as root add this to /root/.bashrc:
- Detoks on vSphere 5 Card
- Forbes Guthrie on vSphere 5 Card
- Namma Karma on vSphere 5 Card
- Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 3 | vReference on Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 1
- Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 1 | vReference on Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 2
- Forbes Guthrie on Large Pages – a problem of perception and measurement
- Eduardo Aguiar on Large Pages – a problem of perception and measurement
- Forbes Guthrie on How to PXE boot from your trunked vmnic0
- Bryan on How to PXE boot from your trunked vmnic0
- AlphenIT on vSphere 5 Card