It’s great to announce the release of the new Mastering vSphere 5.5 book.
This is the updated version of Scott’s long revered mastering title, with all-new content covering vSphere 5.5. In this latest revision, industry leading virtualization experts explain new features such as VSAN, vFlash, and AppHA, along with the countless enhancements since 5.0. Everything from vSphere 5.5 (and 5.1) has been added. Mysteries around certificates and single-sign-on (SSO) are examined, and the book lays out the best paths for installing each component.
Despite the minor sounding update, 5.0 to 5.5; this new edition is a substantial rewrite. Scott was joined by Nick Marshall who lead the charge. Nick is a VMware PSO consultant based in Australia but most well-known for his work with the vBrownbag community. He has worked tirelessly this year to update the book and get it released into book stores as close to the official release date as possible. Like the book’s 5.0 predecessor, I had the great honour to join Nick and Scott’s efforts as a contributing author. Alongside me I was joined by the business critical applications (BCA) guru, Mr Matt Liebowitz; and the wizard of all things powershell and automation, Mr Josh Atwell.
Wow, what a technical writing line-up!
We’re all immensely proud of this book and truly believe that it’s a great resource for learning about vSphere 5.5. We hope you snag yourself a copy and enjoy reading it as much as we enjoyed writing it.
- albertwt on vSphere 5 Card
- Lee B on A Linux-based Domain Controller for a vSphere lab – part 3
- Forbes Guthrie on A Linux-based Domain Controller for a vSphere lab – part 3
- Thomas Cox PhD RN on A Linux-based Domain Controller for a vSphere lab – part 3
- Murali on vSphere 5 Card
- Network ports diagram for vSphere 5.x (2054806) on Firewall Diagram
- Forbes Guthrie on A Linux-based Domain Controller for a vSphere lab – part 4
- mark iveli (@mwiveli) on A Linux-based Domain Controller for a vSphere lab – part 4
- Field Day delegates descend on Coho Data | on New start at Coho Data
- Forbes Guthrie on vSphere 5 Card