It’s great to announce the release of the new Mastering vSphere 5.5 book.
This is the updated version of Scott’s long revered mastering title, with all-new content covering vSphere 5.5. In this latest revision, industry leading virtualization experts explain new features such as VSAN, vFlash, and AppHA, along with the countless enhancements since 5.0. Everything from vSphere 5.5 (and 5.1) has been added. Mysteries around certificates and single-sign-on (SSO) are examined, and the book lays out the best paths for installing each component.
Despite the minor sounding update, 5.0 to 5.5; this new edition is a substantial rewrite. Scott was joined by Nick Marshall who lead the charge. Nick is a VMware PSO consultant based in Australia but most well-known for his work with the vBrownbag community. He has worked tirelessly this year to update the book and get it released into book stores as close to the official release date as possible. Like the book’s 5.0 predecessor, I had the great honour to join Nick and Scott’s efforts as a contributing author. Alongside me I was joined by the business critical applications (BCA) guru, Mr Matt Liebowitz; and the wizard of all things powershell and automation, Mr Josh Atwell.
Wow, what a technical writing line-up!
We’re all immensely proud of this book and truly believe that it’s a great resource for learning about vSphere 5.5. We hope you snag yourself a copy and enjoy reading it as much as we enjoyed writing it.
- Detoks on vSphere 5 Card
- Forbes Guthrie on vSphere 5 Card
- Namma Karma on vSphere 5 Card
- Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 3 | vReference on Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 1
- Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 1 | vReference on Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 2
- Forbes Guthrie on Large Pages – a problem of perception and measurement
- Eduardo Aguiar on Large Pages – a problem of perception and measurement
- Forbes Guthrie on How to PXE boot from your trunked vmnic0
- Bryan on How to PXE boot from your trunked vmnic0
- AlphenIT on vSphere 5 Card