Now that vSphere 5.1 has been announced, it’s time to update the reference card. Due to another project I’m working on, I won’t have the spare cycles to devote time to this for the next couple of months. Those of you who attended VMworld and caught the session that Scott Lowe and I presented, will know what I’m talking about. If you don’t know, don’t worry, I’ll write about the project here soon.
I expect that I’ll be able to start updating the card to 5.1 in November. What would great in the meantime, is if you spot anything which needs updating let me know in the comments below. If your feeling particularly focussed then grab a section, and try to list all the updates required and any new features which you think need added. I collate these cards and distribute them under a liberal license for everyone in the community to use as freely as possible. It would be great if we can get some feedback from the community itself this time around. Doing so will ensure that it’s released as quickly and accurately as possible.
P.S. I don’t plan on updating my Documentation Notes. I only update those on major releases, i.e. vSphere 4.0, 5.0, etc. I suggest you grab the 5.0 notes and supplement them with the latest What’s New in vSphere 5.1 whitepapers.
- Detoks on vSphere 5 Card
- Forbes Guthrie on vSphere 5 Card
- Namma Karma on vSphere 5 Card
- Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 3 | vReference on Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 1
- Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 1 | vReference on Micro infrastructure server with OpenWRT – part 2
- Forbes Guthrie on Large Pages – a problem of perception and measurement
- Eduardo Aguiar on Large Pages – a problem of perception and measurement
- Forbes Guthrie on How to PXE boot from your trunked vmnic0
- Bryan on How to PXE boot from your trunked vmnic0
- AlphenIT on vSphere 5 Card