I’ve updated my vSphere4 notes. Grab them over here.
The main documentation set is now complete, and I’ve just got a few more to cover. Those in red are still to be done. On with the vSphere4 reference card…
Main Documentation Set (ESX not ESXi)
- Introduction to VMware vSphere
- Getting Started with ESX
- ESX and vCenter Server Installation Guide
- Upgrade Guide
- Basic System Administration
- ESX Configuration Guide
- Fibre Channel SAN Configuration Guide
- iSCSI SAN Configuration Guide
- Resource Management Guide
- Availability Guide
- vSphere Web Access Administrative Guide
- Setup for Failover Clustering and Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS)
- vSphere Command-Line Interface Installation and Reference Guide
- License Server Configuration for vCenter Server 4.0
- ESX 4 Patch Management Guide
- Guest Operating System Installation Guide
Optional vSphere Products and Modules
- vCenter Update Manager Administration Guide
- vCenter Converter Administration Guide
- vCenter Orchestrator Installation and Configuration Guide
- vCenter Orchestrator Administration Guide
- VMware Consolidated Backup – Virtual Machine Backup Guide
7 thoughts on “Updated vSphere4 notes”
Thanks! This is great one instead of reading tons of words in some of the other doc.
Awesome document! I wish I had found it earlier. Is it possible to subscribe and be notified when the document is updated? Do you want or need any help with the last few docs? I’m trying to remember topics that I noticed on the test that weren’t in the document in case I didn’t pass. I’m debating on switching back over to finish up MS cert or waiting until I get VCP4 results.
I always make a short blog comment when I update any of my documents. Just subscribe to the RSS feed, and you’ll get the notifications.
Best of luck with VCP4, I’ve not been offered the beta exam so I to wait a while.
Where did you find the Patch Management Guide that you referred to in your document?
All the documentation I use can be found here:
The patch management one is under àdditional resources`
This is a great document, it came handy as I deployed 32 ESX vSphere4 Hosts from a Boot from SAN design. This really help me understand the new features as a result my deployment
Helpful info. Lucky me I found your site accidentally, and I’m shocked why this accident did not happened in advance! I bookmarked it.